Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sweet Summertime

Ok I am going to try this one more time. Long story but this post has been in the works since June and I kept adding to it then had problems with the pictures I added, etc, etc. So I am giving it one more shot and keeping my fingers crossed. I know most of my faithful readers are thinking where have you been?...the few that I do have. Well it has been one busy hot summer for us. Weekends are crazy, work is crazy, weeknights I am exhausted thus my blog has suffered. I hope to make more effort for the month of August!! So this post I am going to try to recap our summer so far. I have hit some highlights such as my girls beach weekend and the 4th of July. Other things we have been up to lately...
1) We have spent many many days at the pool. Chad and I decided to join a local pool and we have agreed that it is one of the best decisions we have made lately. James LOVES the pool and every time we go he is just as excited as the 1st time he went. He has become such a good little swimmer too (with the assistance of his swimmies). He jumps off the side all by himself and goes under water. Swims and kicks his little legs and repeats the whole process over and over. It has made for some good long afternoon naps for all us. Here are a few pics from our time at the pool.



2) We have added to our Toy Story Collection. These little characters have provided countless hours of entertainment and laughter. James treats them like real people and it cracks me up. They watch him eat meals, watch him go potty, and they are told "bye-bye" and given kisses when we leave. He reassures them with "Be right back" too.



3) We have been "working" on potty training. We have made great strides but still not there. This week has been a pivotal week as Wednesday his teacher asked for me to put him in big boy underwear. And I am happy to report he only had 1 accident. I think that is pretty good for a first day. However I am not happy to report that this morning after he is dressed (in his big boy underwear) and I am dressed for work waiting on my coffee to finish brewing noticing that something has gone wrong with the coffee maker and all of the coffee has not really made it into my mug...I hear "Mommy I go poopy". I am thinking please no and I pat his bottom and think "Oh s#$%" (literally). I know probably too gross but it is reality. I can't be mad at the sweet boy we are still "training" but that is the LAST thing you want to do at 7:00 am trying to head out the door. For a moment I think it would just be easier if you were still in diapers...
4) We are down to only one paci in his crib and trying to get up the courage to make that one disappear. I really think James will be fine but I am dreading those first few nights.
5) We have made a few steps towards planning for his big boy room. I have purchased the bedding and still looking at furniture. Poor James is in for lots of adjustments over the next couple of months...no more diapers, no more paci, and no more crib. Don't worry I plan to spread them out so it is not all at once.
6) We have had a few visitors this summer and have a few more on the calendar in the next month. Just recently my good friend Lorie and her daughter Ashlyn came to visit. James and Ashlyn are exactly 1 year apart. They came to visit us last year here is a picture of them watching morning cartoons.

What a difference a year makes! We had a great time with them again this year. We went to the pool, we watched movies, we made cupcakes and we laughed alot too (mainly at me...I had few clumsy incidents). One involved a swim diaper ripping at the seams and poor James hit the floor. Fortunately when I realized he was ok. We laughed very hard at the scene...I was just trying to test his reflexes :) He has some good ones! Here are a few pics from their trip this year...



7) We have only made one trip to Birmingham this summer and that was for a wedding which is odd for us. And I don't think we have an available weekend in August. Hopefully we will be able to come visit in September!

I think that is an update on us for now. I hope to be back sooner than the last time!

3 comments:

  1. Great post. Love all the pictures. His Toy Story collection has grown...
    Love meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a faithful reader and wondered where you had been. My Saturday morning is complete as I sip my coffee and read your blog:) The picture of James running in his swimmies is the cutest! He looks so excited! Don't you just love how kids get excited over the smallest things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures!! Can't wait to see you all later this month. Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete