Friday, February 12, 2010

Weather Mishaps


SNOW!! Or a few snow flurries at our house :( Several surrounding area got several inches...we only had flurries. However since James and I were planning to head to Birmingham this weekend we attempted to make the trip to try to "beat" the snow. We were a little late and I panicked once the road became severely slushy/icy so we turned around and came home. James was loving seeing his first snow he thought it was thousands of bubbles...I was just wishing it would all go away. We will try again tomorrow. I do not mind missing my scheduled hair appt in bham but definitely undecided about missing the Black Eyed Peas concert.

Yes it is Mardi Gras season and James' day care scheduled a Mardi Gras parade for all of the kids for last Friday and the rain ruined that and moved the parade to today...well the snow day ruined it for today. However since Chad and I are such planners and usually prepared we had decorated his wagon for him to ride in last Wednesday night...the day care plans to have a St. Patrick's Day parade instead...can you have Mardi Gras decorations for St. Patricks Day??

3 comments:

  1. I don't see why not, there is plenty of green in the decorations. Y'all did a good job decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a planner and that is what I love about you!!!! (b/c I'm a planner too:) Glad the roads cleared the following day and you were able to make it for Black Eyed Peas. Such a fun night and brought back lots of memories from our college days! Also love that both of our legs were sore the next day! Ahhhahaha!!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. the wagon looks sooo cute i can't believe no one saw! i will agree with jeanna...I had a BLAST at the concert! love you

    ReplyDelete