Wednesday, February 3, 2010

In Loving Memory...




of Daddy Bill. Unfortunately 2010 has not started off to a great start. On January 23rd we received an unexpected phone call that Chad's grandfather, Daddy Bill, had passed away. Daddy Bill suffered from Emphysema since 2001 and fought many battles that he was not expected to win and lived longer than anyone ever anticipated but this last battle took all he had. When you lose someone you love it is so easy to be selfish and want them back because you cannot imagine your life without them however in Daddy Bill's case we pray for comfort in knowing that he is in a much better place, no longer suffering, and he had lived a great life. See Daddy Bill may not have lived a luxurious life with extravagant travels or fancy cars and a big fancy house things that a lot people use to measure success, he however was a selfless man in every sense who adored and loved his family dearly and because of this his family loved and adored him. And that is what made his life so successful. He was so proud of all of his children and grandchildren and he always treated me as if I were one of his grandchildren too. As Daddy Bill became older he spent more time at home watching CNN and reading newspapers and every time we would go visit him he always had accounting questions for me...most of them I could never answer but he could. I think at times he knew more about the accounting industry than I did. He took an interest in reading about accounting issues not because he liked accounting so much I think but because it was my career and he had interests in every thing all of his family was interested in. That was just the way he was. We will all truly miss Daddy Bill but I am thankful that I knew him and proud to be a part of his family.

2 comments: