Friday, March 5, 2010

I am having a moment

I created this blog because I am not good with scrapbooks (actually never created one). I want something for our family to look back on and laugh and say oh yeah I remember that...So I realized I haven't really done a post focusing mainly on James' latest "things he is doing these days". And since that is the purpose of this blog I am not trying brag and if it comes across that way I am slightly bias. I am having a moment because his 2nd birthday is just around the corner and I catch myself thinking where did the last 2 years go and why is my baby growing up so fast?? Doesn't this picture just make you smile?? Isn't he the cutest?? And no he is not trying do the choo choo train...he just shot his basketball in his goal and this is him saying "yes!"
So here it goes...
- James still loves American Idol :) We are now watching another season.
- He can easily count to 10 and mostly to 20 and can easily identify all the numbers.
- Knows his ABC's (cannot sing the song just yet but recognizes all of the letters)
- He can jump and jump and jump often (I need his energy badly)
- He loves singing along to songs in the car on the way to day care
- He can easily eat with a spoon and a fork (and he has preferences on which spoons and forks)
- He also has just started playing pretend...He made a pretend airplane with this cheese and started flying it through the air saying airplane! "vrooom vroom" He sets up his stuffed animals and has pretend conversations with them. I hear him trying to say stuff that Chad and I say to him :)
- He loves his weekly routine and doesn't like it very much when we change it up (one day Chad was home before we left work...he is usually gone before James wakes up...and this completely threw him off so confused)
- He loves books and puzzles
- He loves Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Curious George, Elmo, Special Agent Oso
- He says several phrases...like "love you Mommy (or daddy :))" "No say that daddy (or mommy)"...not my favorite but it is kind of funny the first time he said it. " I wanna watch ____" "let's build a house" "come on" (with this one he grabs your leg and starts leading you where he wants you to go) "read it" "war eagle hey!" With the arm twirl (this one is Chad's favorite)
- The "my" word is overly used
- He is not fond of brushing his teeth
- He has manners and uses them appropriately (please, thank you, yes ma'am, yes sir)
- He does not use the potty yet and doesn't seem interested so I am not pressing it
- He loves sleeping in his bed and loves having more than one paci to comfort him...some babies love a security blanket. James has security paci's. However he only has a paci when it is "night night" time
- He can throw a good temper tantrum...I am talking tears and screams and laid out on the floor...I claim he gets that from Chad...hehe. Lately these seem to happen more frequently. But when it is over he has started giving us a big hug and says "sorry mommy or daddy" That really makes my heart melt.
- His gives the best hugs and real kisses with the lip smack and sound affect
- He can walk in a room full of people and starting playing with other children he has never met. He gets that one from Chad too
- He really is the most loving child and laughs often and definitely makes us smile often.
Being a parent is extremely hard work and can be very trying at times. But it is the most rewarding job I have ever had and I absolutely could not imagine my life with out our James. We are truly blessed because a healthy happy child is something some people never get to experience and can be taken for granted. Note to self...read this last paragraph during the next tantrum!!

2 comments:

  1. This post has to be one of the best. This is by far greater than any scrapebook.
    Love the "yes" picture. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss James! I about started to cry reading...please post about him more!! Love you sis, xoxo

    Kim

    ReplyDelete