Wednesday, April 21, 2010

After one visit James selects Auburn as his First Choice

As if he had another choice :)! KIDDING! As long as he wants to go to college and gets accepted we will be happy with whatever school he chooses. It was so much fun to go back to Auburn and take James. Chad and I have so many memories from our 5 years there it was definitely surreal bringing our child with us. Our life has changed so much since then. As we sat on the balcony of our hotel at night with our friends who also went to Auburn we watched all of the college "kids" walk down the streets headed to the local bar or fraternity band party beginning their night as we were winding down ours with our young children sleeping in the next room. I just do not feel that much more grown up but reality is we really are. Saturday we took James to Samford Hall to take a few pics. The weather could not have been more perfect. We then headed to Chad's old fraternity house for a little tailgate and to see uncle Chase who is now a Sig Ep. For all those who went to the Sig Ep house it still smells exactly the same and is just as filthy :) I was making sure James didn't touch anything! Which is kind of funny considering his daddy lived there for 3 of our 5 years. We walked around campus for a little bit before heading into the game and James was starting to get hot and ill. We were trying to forgo the nap that day since the game was at 1pm. I figured he skips it sometimes at preschool so we should be fine. What was I thinking?? We got to our seats fortunately in the shade and James was in a trance. He loved the pregame show with the band and the videos on the jumbo tron as well as loved watching Aubie. He was shaking his Auburn shaker as if he was a regular fan at the games. This lasted all of the first quarter. The second quarter is when it all went downhill and he was fighting sleep. So we left and he took a nap as soon as we got back to the hotel. I really think he would have been fine had he not been so tired however I think the idea of us taking him back to a game this fall may have nipped until he is a few years older. I have included a couple of pics from the day.

For some reason when I was in college I never took pictures of the main landmarks. Funny how much we took the campus for granted.
The picture below is for my good friend Julie...hopefully she remembers the significance.

All in all it was a great trip back and we hope to go back this fall!

2 comments:

  1. Man, I miss Auburn! I laughed out loud when you said the Sig Ep house still smells the same. Those are some great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures, Brookie!! I miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete