Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Weekend!

Today and especially on Sunday I reflect on the 3 mothers I am so graciously blessed with...my mother, my step second mother, and my mother in law. Each of these women have had so much influence on my life and I would not be where I am today without them. Much of which I didn't realize until I became a mother.  I understand how much a mother truly sacrifices for her child and how no one can honestly describe the unconditional love that a mother feels. Thanks Mom for sacrificing so much for me and for providing me with an environment where I felt protected and loved. Thank you for giving me guidance and the opportunity to learn and grow so I could be prepared to live in the "real world" on my own. Each day I strive to provide James with the same environment. Some days I have to dig deep for my patience and hope for wisdom and others it comes naturally. I can only hope I am doing it right most of the time.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." --Agatha Christie

"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." --Honore de Balzac

Happy Mother's Day to all Moms!! And Enjoy your weekend! And here's to all my moms!
Me and Mom on my wedding day
Mom, Me, and Kelly at my baby shower (obviously very pregnant here!)
Jeanie and Dad holding James on his birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Now that I have stopped crying thank you my darling Brooke. I also want to wish you a Happy Mothers Day. I am so proud of you and the little mother you are. James is a very lucky little boy to have a mom like you. Enjoy every minute of the day with that little guy because the time will go by so fast.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete