Thursday, June 3, 2010

Little Zoo that Could

Yes I am still trying to catch up...work is busy, weekends are busy, but thankfully most of my favorite tv shows are on summer break. Maybe I will have more time at night to blog...if James doesn't exhaust me first. Anyway back to the post.
Mother's day weekend (yes I am going back that far :)) we decided to take James to the Zoo for the first time. The closest zoo is in Gulf Shores. I have been going to Gulf Shores during the summers for years and never knew they had a zoo until recently. Well it is a small zoo and nothing to elaborate about it but for a 2 year old who has never been it was perfect. And actually Chad and I had a good time too. It has been a long time since I went to the zoo. James' favorite animals by far were the monkeys because they were constantly on the move. Some of the larger and more exotic animals didn't phase him. Here are some pics from our day at the zoo.

Wait I think I see some monkey's over here

James: "Look he's playing with car"
Bird: "Hi Pal!" James:"Hehe"

Feeding the goats or goat like animals was the highlight
However this guy was a little aggressive for me. James: "He hungry"
I am really surprised these animals are not 400lbs because they are fed all day long
Chad and I had fun with this one...

I am sure we will be back because is still talking about the animals. Next time we might step it up a notch mainly for Chad and I :). I have tons more pics from the zoo that I am uploading to shutterfly. If you would like to see more pics send me an email!

1 comment:

  1. Your picture taking skills are pretty impresive! You've gotten really good! You are going to have to teach me everything you know... one of these days:) Email me the rest of the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete