Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Father's Day Weekend

Not many daughters are fortunate to grow up with 2 dads that love them and care for them as much as my 2 dads have. As most of you know my mom and dad divorced when I was very very young and my mom remarried when I was still young. From then on my step dad was very much a part of my life. I love both of my dads very much and they are both so very different. My dad currently lives in Atlanta and we do not get to see each other very often but one thing I love about him is that it doesn't matter how long it has been since we saw each other last he always reminds how much he loves me and how proud of me he is and for those of you who know him he is very passionate about it so you know he truly means it. And most of time we are together he is the one talking :) I sure wish I could see him more often!!

My step dad, wow there is so much I could say. We are pretty close, talk everyday. He claims he is not high maintenance (not sure what his definition of high maintenance is) but he is. I tell him he taught me well :) and atleast I can admit that I can be high maintenance. He also knows a lot about EVERYTHING so he generally gives good accurate advice. In all seriousness, I am not sure he realizes how much he means to me. Mainly because he is my dad and he didn't have to be. He sacrificed so much for me and for that I am grateful! This is an older picture...he is looking a little slimmer these days :)

Thank you Dads for being such great fathers and I hope you enjoy your day!!

 I would also like to wish my husband a very Happy Father's Day! I knew when I married him he would be a wonderful husband but what I didn't realize is that he would be an even better Dad. Every time I see him and James interact I fall for him even more. Chad works very hard to give James and me a great life and I would say he is pretty successful at it. We love you!! Apparently our Sunday will consist of watching the U.S. Open and cooking something on the Egg (imagine that :))

Your first day as a Dad!
And now!

And all of us from the Stracener Scene would also like to wish a very Happy Fathers Day to Pop, Chad's dad! He has always been such an inspiration to Chad and I thank him for welcoming me into the family! We hope you enjoy your day!


And to all of our granddads, Happy Father's Day!! We wouldn't be here without you. Enjoy your weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post!!! I love the pictures of you and your dads. The one of you on the balcony looking at your step (I don't know how to do that fancy strike through thing you do) dad is precious!

    ReplyDelete