Thursday, July 1, 2010

BEACH!

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to spend a weekend at the beach with these great girls.


We enjoyed the white sands with a few added tarballs from the BP oil spill, I am not sure if most of you have heard about it...ha!


This is how we spent most of the day, lounging, taking long walks and a couple of us actually joined a beach volleyball game. Just in case you were wondering it wasn't me. As I learned from the trip apparently I need to join the exercise train and start eating things like granola, yogurt, kashi cereal, and oatmeal (not the kind kind with the dried fruit and sugar).


I also learned several anti-aging tips on this trip such as coating the tops of your hands with a good sunscreen because your hands usually show age first and not crossing your legs because it causes varicose veins. I have been catching myself uncrossing several times at work :) Wow how times have changed. Before beach trips consisted of maximizing your tan and talking about the next party and now we are lathered up with protective sunscreen and talking extensively about where we are going to eat dinner. All in all we had a blast! We laughed alot, drank wine, ate really well (except for one night :) and thoroughly enjoyed each others company!




By Sunday I was so excited to come home and see this little guy.
Thanks to Chad for letting me getaway for a couple of days and keeping the house in order while I was gone. I came home to a polished coffee table,clean sheets and empty laundry baskets!

No comments:

Post a Comment