Thursday, September 16, 2010

Labor Day Weekend and Day at the Farm

Ok I feel like I need to start this post before it gets away from me and I forget the details. Labor Day weekend we decided to head to Birmingham for a visit and take advantage of the extra day off. It was such a great weekend and I think we all thoroughly enjoyed our trip. Chad and I enjoyed 2 date nights, one just the 2 of us for dinner at Chuck's (hands down best bread pudding in Birmingham or anywhere for that matter in my opinion) on Friday night when we arrived and the other night we spent watching the Auburn football game (War Cam Eagle! apparently that is a new phrase going around since everyone is pumped about Auburn's new quarterback) with our good friends Chandler and Kristen. And I am pretty sure James enjoyed his nights with only KK and Pop. Saturday during the day we all met Anna and Jeanna for lunch at Chuy's and might as well as say our waitress was there too because she talked our ears off jabbering about pointless topics. We should have mentioned to her that most women shave above their knee especially when wearing short shorts...

Sunday we woke up and headed to the "farm". Early last fall Pop purchased a large piece of property in Blount county near Oneonta. He has done a lot of work clearing the property, building gates, etc. Last year he had a trap house built that apparently throws skeet to shoot at ( you can see a picture of it in a picture below)...I do not know much about this stuff as I am not your typical outdoorsy kind of person. The property was prettier than I expected and the views were unbelievable. There is a large pond on the property that has LOTS of small fish maybe brim and several small bass. Chad purchased James a child size fishing pole (a Toy Story one...surprise surprise) and we let James catch some fish and we did some fishing ourselves. He was really good at reeling the fish in by himself! These fish were super hungry...the line was only in the water for a few seconds and you would have yourself a fish...my kind of fishing much more entertaining then playing the waiting game...Here are several pictures from our day at the farm.
James: "look at all these fish!"

James caught his 1st fish!


He was not big on holding it or touching it...I don't blame him :)
There is some serious concentration going on in this picture.

Chad excited about his fish...check out that manly rod he used.

Feeding the fish with Pop

After James fed the fish he decided to throw rocks in the water. I sure the fish were pleased.

Pop, KK and James

View of the farm. At the top of the hill Pop plans to build a cabin that will have the view below

Entrance to the farm
It was a fun day at the farm and we can't wait to go back!

After we left the farm we headed to the Straceners' to celebrate PawPaw's birthday and see all of the family. James had a great time playing his cousins and acting as if he were their age. We also saw the Huffstutler family that afternoon. It was so great to see everyone when we were not celebrating a major holiday! Labor Day weekend we got a little tease of fall weather and it made me realize how much I am ready for it! Bring on the pumpkins and the mums and all of the fun football games!

1 comment:

  1. Brooke, Congratulations on the bun in the oven!! So exciting!!

    Also I have to say this post was hilarious! Love the waitress info and the War Cam Eagle! Apparently that's not made it up to Nashville yet. I thought you'd mistyped it, ha ha.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete