Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1 year. 16.5 weeks. New Look

A year ago today I started this blog. It is really hard to believe it has been a whole year. So much has happened and so glad we have this blog to document some of the main events. I really have enjoyed doing it, really enjoy reading all of your comments and emails, and appreciate the support. They really make it all worth it! I also decided it was time for a new look. Something a little more "fallish" since the fall season officially begins tomorrow. Even though when you step outside it still feels like the heat of the summer.

Today I am 16.5 weeks (the picture above was at 15 weeks apologize for picture quality it was taken with phone camera). I promise not to bore with too many belly shots mainly more for us and not for reader entertainment. I also promise there will not be ANY bare belly shots and I will always be fully clothed. No offense but when people take bare belly shots with a mere sports bra on and post it on the internet for the world to see it makes me feel uncomfortable. I feel like this pregnancy is going by pretty fast. I am trying not to wish it away because I am anxious to meet this little one but try to take in the moments since reality tells me this may be the last. I can't complain I am feeling great and sleeping ok. I have had a couple of weird cravings. One consisted of Krystal's for lunch...fyi it did not live up to my expectations...surprise surprise. The other was Olive Garden. The salad and bread sticks were delicious and did not disappoint. The actual dinner was not so great. Does anyone else wonder why that place stays so crowded all the time?? Always packed whether it be lunch, dinner, or any day of the week. Anyway, to fulfill my pasta/Italian food craving I requested that Papop make me some of his famous meatballs and homemade sauce. It was oh so good and just what I wanted and the best part is he made extras for me to take home to have later. Other than that I really enjoy salads (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, parm cheese and my new favorite salad dressing, Ken's Lite Olive Oil and Vinaigrette), milk, pickles, and blueberry cake donut from daylight donuts...not all at the same time of course :) This past week was pretty significant as I felt this little one move for the first time. It was so great and such a wonderful reminder of how amazing this whole process truly is.

Oh and for those who are keeping up this makes 50 posts for the Stracener Scene hope to have many more!

1 comment:

  1. Gah I can't believe it has been a year! I love the new look and the picture of James fishing looks like the pictures that come in the frames you buy at the store...it is soooo good! Cant wait to see a post about the excting weekend inthe pink house!

    ReplyDelete