Thursday, November 18, 2010

The things he says...

James is at the age where we can carry on mini-conversations with him and the conversations can get quite comical. I need to start documenting them so I do not forget them especially funny ones. Here are a few examples:

James eating some "pumkin" bread. Me: You know Pop loves pumpkin bread. James: " I wike pumkin bread. You wike pumkin bread? Papop wike pumkin bread?" Me : Yes Papop likes pumpkin bread too. James: Papop had to weave. Me: Yes he had did have to leave. James: Papop went to Pubwix.

James has never been to Publix with Papop nor has he heard that Papop goes to Publix. Can you tell James has a hard time pronouncing his "Ls"?

Morning greeting every morning since he has been sleeping in his big boy bed. Me: Good Morning, James! James: I get another toy? I sweep in my big boy bed!

We have started turning the tv off during dinner time because James get too distracted from the television no matter what is on. The other night before dinner a football game was on tv. I think it was NFL. To James any football on tv is Auburn football. I am walking over to turn off the tv so we can sit down and eat. James: mommy, turn that Auburn football off, please. I turn it off. James: Thank you.

Lately if you ask James a question that you know he knows the answer to his response is "I don't know, the answer" For example. Me: James what color is the stop sign? James: I don't know, red.
Me: James what is in your cup? James: I don't know, milk. I think he likes the phrase "I don't know". Sounds like his meme to me. She always responds with "no" before she answers your question whether the question required a yes or no answer. Me: Mom, what are you cooking for dinner? Meme: No, we are having tuna.

James describing his experience watching Toy Story 3 every time he picks up the dvd case. James: I not like Toy Story 3. That monkey he's a bad guy. He scared us! Member that? I not like Toy Story 3. I like Toy Story 2. I like Toy Story 1. I not like Toy Story 3. Ok.


And my favorite statement from James occurred this morning as I was wiping his mouth after breakfast. I kissed him on the cheek. James: mommy, you are my best friend.

I am going to remind him of that one when he is 14 and doesn't want to have anything to do with me! For now I will enjoy the moment and his way of appreciating the things I do for him, for example, cleaning his dirty hands/faces, wiping his dirty bottom, and listening to those dramatic temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way!

2 comments:

  1. One of the best post on your blog and that is one of my favorite pictures of you and James.
    I won't make any comment about my no word.
    Funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! he is the cutest! BTW favorite picture of all time!

    ReplyDelete