Saturday, February 26, 2011

Waiting

39 weeks and we wait and wonder if this baby will decide to join us before next Thursday. Based on the exams from my recent dr appointments this baby is pretty cozy and I am not showing any signs of labor. So it seems March 3rd is the day. Which is good because it has given me more time to run last minute errands and get a few things done to get ready. But I have been stocking up on things like we are not going to leave the house for weeks. ha! Today I had to remind myself we are having a baby there is not a winter storm coming.

We are getting very excited and enjoying our last weekend as a family of 3. We are relaxing and enjoying this nice weather and plan to take James to the movies this afternoon to see Gnomeo and Juliet. I want him to do something fun before our family makes a big change. James seems to be getting very excited about meeting his new brother or sister. He definitely is well aware that there is a baby in my tummy and he loves to kiss the baby (or my tummy). He prefers to kiss it bare skin so in public I have to remind him that I am not lifting up my shirt for him to kiss the baby :) And believe it or not the photo below was taken with my new iphone...

This past week a friend of mine finished James' big brother shirt. I thought it turned out so cute and the coordinating little brother and little sister onesie's turned out great as well. I did not photo the onesies since it would reveal the names :) 


I worry about how James is going to react to the new addition and hope that I can continue to show him that my love for him is just the same as it has always been. He will always be my baby. But I have also realized that he continues grow and is becoming such a big boy. He goes to the bathroom with very little assistance, he dresses and undresses himself with very little assistance and he really helps around the house picking up his clothes and throwing things in the trash and now beginning to help his daddy in the yard. He loves to be helpful so I think he will love to help take care of his little brother/sister. 

3 comments:

  1. Great Post. I can't believe it is almost here. We are so excited and cannot wait to meet the new Stracener. I am guessing the gender (girl) but have not decided on the weight, height and NAME.
    See you on Wednesday ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa B & Nana are really excited about the newest Stracener!! I am not really sure what the gender will be, praying for healthy baby & Mom!! We love you all, see ya Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little behind and I know Luke is here, but this is the sweetest post. You will be so glad you documented your thoughts before Luke got here. So sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete