Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I can't sleep

It is early and this post may be all over the place. Our bags are packed and we check into the hospital tonight to prepare to meet this precious life growing inside me tomorrow morning, March 3rd 2011. I can't believe the day is almost here. Over the last few days I have had so many different thoughts and emotions but right now the main reason I can't sleep is not because I am so uncomfortable or the heartburn is just so unbearable but because I am so so excited to meet this new member of our family. The day James was born was probably the best day of mine and Chad's life and I feel so fortunate that we get to experience it all over again tomorrow. And even though we have done it before tomorrow it will still be different. We will enter a new chapter in our life as parents of 2.  It will be challenging and sometimes we may feel defeated but God would not have given us this gift if He didn't think we could handle it. There are way too many positives to think about the negatives. This is a whole new person to love and I cannot wait to fall in love all over again. I have heard some moms feel concerned before they have their second child whether or not they will love the second child as much as the first because honestly it is hard to imagine loving someone just as much. I am not worried.

And tomorrow we finally find out the gender. Will I be completely outnumbered? Or will this one make it even? I honestly and truly mean it, I do not care. But for the record last night while I was sleeping I had a pretty vivid dream about the birth and it was a boy!

I mentioned before this post would be all over the place. So I just want to thank Chad for being so supportive, comforting, and understanding during this pregnancy. I honestly could not have done it without him even though maybe at times my emotions expressed something different :). I have seem him bite his tongue on numerous occasions and when my brain has been complete mush and I couldn't make a decision I could ask him and he would make it for me. He has been great with James and completely taken over when he saw I may lose it. We were thinking the other night how when we met we were 18 in high school and now we are 31, married, and about to bring a second child into the world. We have come a long way and we have had our fair share of bumps in the road but there is no other person in this world I want to share my life with and I am so lucky I get to share it with him. Usually I do not write much about our relationship but I wanted to give him some props because sometimes during this experience the pregnant mom gets a lot of credit but the dad needs some credit too!

Tomorrow is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment