Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our first week at Home

We have now been at home for a little over a week and this Thursday Luke will be 2 weeks old. Things are going great so far. So much so that I hate to even write that things are going so good in fear I may be jinxing us. He is sleeping 2-4 hours during the night, he is nursing well, he lays content for long periods of time without being held, and if he does cry he is easily consolable. With James as a newborn we struggled the first several weeks. He turned out to be a very happy baby but initially it was HARD to console him, he didn't nurse well, and he didn't sleep much. I wonder if it is his personality or maybe it has something to do with us. We are more relaxed this time and feel more confident. Some things we have noted about Luke over the last week:
1) he is a squirter. I fear every time I open his diaper he is going to peepee on me and require another outfit change
2) he doesn't like to have his diaper changed and that is mainly when he screams.
3) he doesn't like a bath however requires one every other day because he hair gets greasy way too fast for me to the point his hair color looks much lighter after a bath
4) James "wuvs" him however does not care for him when he cries and demands that I make him happy
5) James has noticed that Luke nurses and does not like that Luke appears to be "biting" me because he says that is not nice
6) James at one point asked if he could scare him while he was sleeping
7) James also thinks Luke has a big peepee. This one made Chad and I die laughing.

Here are some pics of our first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment