Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Last Beach trip of the Summer...

One weekend in September James and I took a little one day trip to Grayton Beach to stay in the Pink House with my aunts and cousins. It was the perfect day to be at the beach and it was the first day we stayed on the beach ALL day with James. He LOVED it. He made sand castle after sand castle with Aunt Ann.  He played with a few baby dolls that we failed to mention to Dad. Fortunately we brought our own movies and the girls were ok with Mickey Mouse over Cinderella. It also was a good little overnighter James and I made together. It was also the first night James and I slept in the same bed together. Not a good idea and will not happen again anytime soon. 1) because he kicks and basically doesn't stop moving in his sleep and 2)because the bed did not have bed rails I worried all night he may roll off. It did however give us the opportunity to spend some time together just the 2 of us. Luke stayed at home with Dad and had equally as much fun watching football :)

James making sure he stays on top of his tan. Note the princess' in the castle :)

Having a ball riding in the orange truck with his cousins (our transportation from the house to the beach)


Don't you want one of these??

It was our last beach trip of the summer. I have to admit I shed a tear as we were pulling away especially since James finally loves the beach as much as I do. Until next summer!

1 comment:

  1. I can tell that James had a lot of fun at the beach. :-) That vacation was made more memorable because you were with him. Time spent with the family can be the best memories one can have.

    Darius Cartmell

    ReplyDelete