Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Pink House

Our annual trip to the Pink House in Grayton Beach was the last weekend in September. We have been going now once a year since 2008. It started as a girls weekend, James included, to celebrate my aunt Ann's 60th birthday and now has turned into an annual thing. This year we celebrated my cousin April getting married this October. Ann came up with a cheesy idea that we would all dress up in tacky bridesmaids dresses and hang out. Since I am pregnant and didn't really feel like trying to squeeze into a tacky dress I was a judge. The rest of the girls pranced in their dresses in a beauty pageant format as myself, April (the bride), and 2 of the other younger boys there gave each one a score. It ended up being hilarious and more fun than I anticipated. Anna won by a tie breaker and she did her rendition of Bon QuiQui...leave it to her. Saturday we spend a few hours on the beach and watched football. It is always nice to spend a weekend with this side of the family as we do not get to see them often. Here are a few of the pics I took from our time at the beach. I don't have any pics of the "beauty pageant" unfortunately nor do I have any pictures of the "Pink House".


The young kids having so much fun building sand castles with Ann. She is a crowd favorite among all of them. James especially loved playing with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment