Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Am I really doing this?

So here it goes. My first blog post. For months now I have been reading other people's blogs, some people I know, some people I have never met before. It is so addicting!! When I first joined facebook I was hooked to it and spent many hours on the computer clicking through people's pictures and then I started clicking on their blogs posted to their facebook account and reached a whole new level. I found that blogs are far more interesting. You really "get to know" other people. I also found that some blogs were very inspiring and helped me to evaluate how I am living my life as a wife and a mother. Even though Chad has officially named me a "blog stalker", I think he really has seem some changes in me over the last few months. Other blogs that I read I mainly read for curiosity. One night several weeks ago I admitted it to myself that I was a true "blog stalker". We were at a local restaurant eating dinner and I saw this girl across the room and recognized her but could not think how I knew her. After several minutes of thinking through it, it dawned on me I had read some posts from her blog earlier that day and recognized her from the pictures she had posted on her blog. So now you are probably thinking I am a crazy person but I know there are others out in the blogging world just like me and maybe worse.

Anyway, I have been considering for some time that I should start a blog of my own. It really makes perfect sense. We live several hours away from all of family and most of our friends so this would really be a good way for all them to "see" what has been going on in our lives! Our blog site is still in the works but I think it is a good start. This will be a trial period for me and I will try my best to post often. This week I hope to update on what has been going on with us the last couple of weeks.

love,
Brooke

3 comments:

  1. My daughter, the blogger. I love it. I think you did an awesome job. To think 30 years ago I would be posting on your blog today is insane.
    Love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you are blogging! Your first post is so funny and true! I've read quite a few blogs of people I don't know:) I will check daily for new posts. No pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I can say I have seen in person the haircut and I think you did a great job, with the moral support of Chad and the super star James.
    I will have to say reading this blog brought tears to my eyes.
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete