Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Excited, Nervous

Last week was the week Chad was gone on his hunting trip to Kansas with a customer.
He left early on Saturday morning (4:45 am) to make a 14 hour drive to a town
in Kansas I have never heard of. Population total 103. The entire week he stayed in a place
called the Town Motel (judging by the name you can guess it was not similar to
a Ritz Carlton). The total for 6 nights was $185 so needless to say he was
ready to come home before the week was over. He claims they had a good time,
however I will never understand why these men want to drive 14 hours to stay in
a nasty motel and sit in the woods for 5 days and not see a deer big enough to
shoot. Sounds pretty pointless and boring to me! Fortunately for me KK (Kelly)
was able to come down and stay with James and me for a couple of days to keep
us company. James really enjoyed being around KK and I loved having someone to
talk when I got home who actually understood everything I said :) Thank you KK!


Friday Chad came home and we were so excited!! He claims he will be in town for awhile now so I hope that remains true. It was so nice to have a weekend just the 3 of us. We did not do
much of anything but stay around the house. We did go to this little festival
in Daphne and found a birdhouse we really liked so we hung it on a tree in our
back yard last Saturday. We thought we could look outside and see little birds
feeding from the house and show them to James. He loves birds! Well apparently
squirrels love bird seed! They have chewed the little hole so it is now large
enough for a squirrel to snuggle inside the house and devour all of the bird
seed. So much for watching pretty birds!


Monday I finally gave in and went to dentist because I have a tooth that has been bothering me. Do any of you know how much I hate the dentist??? My stomach was in knots Sunday night
and Monday morning prior to my appt and I was only going in for a consultation.
Well I found out I have to have a root canal and I go in tomorrow morning for
the procedure. I have never had a root canal before but I have heard it is not
a pleasant experience. I am really nervous and probably will not sleep much
tonight but at least once it is over and healed I will not have this nagging
toothache anymore!! Chad reminded me that I have given birth to a child so in comparison this is really not that bad. Ha! He did put it into perspective and it gave me some relief for
a brief second :)

Big Auburn game this weekend against Tennessee
looking forward to watching that on Saturday! War Eagle!









No comments:

Post a Comment