Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vacation!

I mentioned before I would update on the last few weeks. So mid September my parents rented a condo at the Caribe in Orange Beach for a week. James and I and Anna joined them Wednesday night through the weekend and Chad joined us Thursday night. It was such a fun time! We ate well, slept alot and got in some last days of sun before it really becomes fall. James had a blast! The pool at Caribe is absolutely perfect for young kids. They have a fairly large area where the water is only 1/2 ft. We stayed at that pool most of time. And of course there is the lazy river which was very nice for a little relaxation. Thursday we ate at Cosmo's, my favorite restaraunt in Orange Beach and we were asleep by 9:30pm. Friday night we ate at a new restaraunt adjacent to Caribe called Cobalt. It was very good and the atmosphere and view are wonderful. I would highly recommend checking it out. Friday night Chad had to leave since he was heading out of town early Saturday morning to drive to Kansas. More on that trip later. Sounds like fun, right? Saturday night we cooked in and watched the exciting Auburn vs. WV game however dad and I were the only ones who actually stayed up to watch it! Who knew they delayed football games because of heavy rain?? We headed home on Sunday and very sad to leave, one because it is always sad when vacation is over and two because I knew James and I were going home to an empty house as Chad was going to be gone the entire week! Anyway, I think James missed Meme, Papop (dad's new name just established on this trip...he was Papa), and Nana (Anna...her new name...she didnt want to be called Aunt Anna because she said that sounded too old so she is stuck with Nana until James can say Anna) because he randomly just starts saying their names all together different times of the day! I think they made an impression. Here are just a few random photos from the trip!







Meme in her "new" hat!



Papop in his Mr. Cool stance trying not to look like a Papop :)




I had to take this picture only because I loved James' outfit this night. So precious!






Nana!!











1 comment:

  1. A couple of comments:
    1. I love that Anna doesn't want to be called Aunt Anna b/c it sounds old so she gets Nana instead. Love it! Sorry Anna- but I hope it sticks:)
    2. The pic of James in his white polo and pants- ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete