Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Haircut

Last night as I was thinking about my post for today, I started reminiscing about the last 2+ years and wish I could go back to 7.7.07, the day I discovered I was pregnant with James, and recap all the memories we have made. I wish I could document the excitement I felt that day, the details of the 9+ months I was pregnant all the wonderful emotions and the not so wonderful emotions. The time we spent decorating and putting together his nursery. The anticipation we felt the last 4 weeks of pregnancy thinking any day I could possibly go into labor unexpectedly and then I never did :). James enjoyed his surroundings a little too much and needed a few meds to force him out. This picture was taken on my due date. Do you think I was ready??


The total bliss we experienced the day he was born and how even now it still brings a tear to my eye thinking of that day. And then comes all of the joy of watching him grow and learn something new everyday. And seeing his sweet smile every morning when we greet him in his room. I wish I could go back and document all of the memories not so much for those who are now reading this blog because most of you probably are aware of all of those memories but more for us and for James to be able to read once he is older. I do however have plenty of photographs for him to click through and tell him about. For now we will just have to start from here and he will have to settle with starting with his first haircut or should I say miniature mullet removal :) I had decided I was going to cut it myself because he really just needed the back to be to be trimmed. The rest of his hair is really not long enough to be cut. I just wasn't ready to actually take him to a salon and I thought how hard can it be, right? So I waited for a night Chad was going to be home so a.) I could have some help and moral support and b.) so he could take pictures and document the moments. We decided we needed to distract him and we figured turning on the Final Results show from American Idol, season 8 or 9 I can't remember the one where Kris Allen wins, would be best! He is mesmerized by all the performances, the music, the dancing, etc. So here we go
Before the haircut:


During the haircut:


This whole process took approximately 30-40 min. I was so nervous the entire time because I was so afraid one his sporadic dance moves would cause me to cut a huge gap of hair in the middle of his head. Chad became impatient during the haircut and at one point said "Hand me the scissors and just let me do it" I love him but I was not trusting him with the scissors and James' hair. I instructed him to just continue to take pictures and keep him distracted :) I finally finished and it is not completely perfect but I think I did a good job.

After:
Let's just say next time we will go to the salon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke,

    I am Caroline, Jeanna's friend. We met many moons ago at the beach. It was actually the first time I met Jeanna too! She forwarded me your blog and I am also a blog stalker so I thought I would just let you know that I will be stalking you too! I already added you as a link to my blog! Jeanna had told me about how James loves American Idol, that is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. What a wonderful idea.

    Love to you all,
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I can say I have seen in person the haircut and I think you did a great job, with the moral support of Chad and the super star James.
    I will have to say reading this blog brought tears to my eyes.
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete