Friday, October 23, 2009

My Last 10 Days


There they are those infamous 2 numbers when combined together make every late twenty year old cringe. I have been dreading this birthday for several years now hoping it would take awhile for this birthday to come and now it is only 10 short days away...I only have 10 days left in my twenties!! In the last couple of months I have really been thinking about turning 30 more often I guess because it is so close. When you are 30 people think you really are an adult, people think you are really mature and people think you really should no longer be dependent on your parents. Your youth is gone and you will never see it again :). And I have been struggling with these thoughts. I have thought I should make a list of things I want to accomplish before I turn 30 maybe even things I could do in my last 10 days. But then I started thinking what I am talking about...I am not dying...my life is not officially over when I am 30. The reality is I have been an adult for quite some time (probably becoming a parent made it really official) and I haven't been dependent on my parents since the day Chad and I married. I have been completely blessed with my life thus far. I was raised by wonderful supporting parents (both sets :)), I graduated from college with a very small amount of a student loan, I have had great jobs, I was able to really enjoy my twenties and still act irresponsible at times and now I have married the only person that truly "gets" me and loves me for who I am (even with all my flaws) and I have been even more blessed to be given the gift of a healthy happy child who could not be more perfect. So I have already accomplished the things that are most important to me. And even though I am turning 30 my life will continue and I will continue to enjoy it! I still feel young at heart and that is all that matters. The age you are stamped with doesn't really mean all that much. I am turning 30 in 10 days and I am going to embrace it with a smile!
P.S. For those of you that know me, my birthday is always a BIG deal and usually lasts more than 1 day. Therefore, the purpose of this post is NOT to down play my birthday and act like this year it is not a big deal...hint hint
P.S.S. Some of you are probably wondering how I already I have a picture of a cake for me. This past weekend my wonderful in-laws had a small celebration for me while we were in town. The cake was a strawberry cake from Edgar's Bakery in bham. My absolute favorite!! I told you the celebration always lasts longer than 1 day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment