Friday, October 22, 2010

Halfway There!

Today I am 21 weeks and we have reached the halfway point this past week. Crazy! This pregnancy seems to be flying by possibly because we have super busy lately and still have a few road trips in our future. This past Tuesday we had our 20 wk ultrasound and got to get a sneak peek at this precious little baby. We held strong and did not peek at the lower region so the suspense rising and really is fun to wonder! If you want to leave your prediction in the comment section we would love to hear it!
(it is a picture of a picture so I apologize for the quality)
This little one is currently weighing approximately 12 oz and seems to be perfectly on track! It is a little squirmer to say the least. I knew I felt it moving constantly throughout the day but seeing it move during the ultrasound confirmed all those little movements. The ultrasound tech had to take her pictures quickly for measurements before it moved to a completely different position. The little one gave us a sweet little wave and showed us he/she definitely has all 5 fingers. I wish she would have gotten a picture of the wave but she just wasn't quick enough. We compared the pictures above to James' ultrasound pictures and the profile is very similar but to be honest it is so hard to tell with these pictures.

I am still feeling great and really cannot complain. Sleeping at night has become slightly more difficult. And for some reason I feel more uncomfortable than I did before. I also feel enormous at times which makes me nervous because we still have a long way to go. Oh and I did get my first comment from a random person last week and it was a good one. It came from an middle aged man in the elevator. His exact statement was "so you got you a little poochie?!" Seriously! First, what middle aged man uses the word "poochie" and especially to a stranger. Secondly, you want to ask a lady if she is pregnant and THAT is the best you could come up with. I honestly did not know how to respond so I just smiled and nodded my head and anxiously waited from the doors to reopen so I could escape from the elevator. Below is pic I took today (21 weeks). It is a self portrait so don't laugh. I wanted to make I snapped one before another week elapsed. I guess it is pretty obviously now that I do have a little poochie :)

In other news James is counting down the days until Halloween and we are too! Have I mentioned before he wants me to be Jesse from Toy Story since he is going to be Buzz...I hope I do not disappoint I am not sure I can bring myself to dress up but we will see. Also he is becoming a whiz at puzzles. Loves them and doesn't seem to get too frustrated. I love that he is using his problem solving skills!

Also have to say it is great to be an Auburn Tiger! War Eagle! I hope our tigers come through tomorrow as we have a big game against those other Tigers from Baton Rouge...LSwho? We are super nervous but even if we lose it is always great to be an Auburn Tiger and we of course are huge fans of Cam Newton...All we do is win win win!!



1 comment:

  1. I think it's a girl!!! And by the way, James said he wants a sister...but I think he might just like saying that word better than brother!

    ReplyDelete