Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

This morning it felt very much like fall outside and I am loving it so much. I actually turned on my seat warmer and enjoyed my pumpkin spice coffee as I drove to work. This weekend I think the weather is going to be perfect and we are so excited about traveling to Auburn to watch them play Arkansas. It is a big game and it would be great if we win but we are just excited about being there. We are leaving James at home with KK and Pop and I am kind of sad he is not going with us but I am pretty sure we will not be missed.

This past weekend we met our friends Holli and Taylor and their 1 yr old twin babies, Hudson and Stella at a place called Wales West. We had never been before but had heard great things about it. For the fall they have a Halloween theme train ride that takes you to a kid friendly haunted barn and you can pick out a small pumpkin to decorate and then you ride the train back to the main building. It was a huge hit with James! Well except for the haunted area of the barn. It was dark, had strobe lights, it had scary music playing in the background and it had scary skeleton manikins that slightly moved. I had to carry him through and the whole time he kept saying "I not like that, I not like that". I kept thinking we were horrible parents for taking him through it especially since once you got in there was only one way out and that was to to keep walking through. No escape. He soon got over it once he saw all the kid size pumpkins and a blow up Tigger.


Below are the pumpkins we decorated. James likes to point out exactly whose pumpkins is whose. (from L to R mine, James, Chad's)

Here are some pics from the train ride.




And this was our attempt of a picture of the kiddos. Hudson and Stella were on the move and James was concentrating on eating his pumpkin candy sucker.




On Monday when James returned to preschool he described his day to his teacher like this "My mommy and daddy took me on train ride and we picked out pumkins and I not like that thing that spin around" We will be back for Christmas to take a train ride to see Santa!

1 comment:

  1. First picture was my favorite...he is sooo photogenic!!!! This looks like it was a ton of fun hope i get to see yall on halloween!

    ReplyDelete